My first daughter Kaplyn, turned 8 this year and what a change!! She is still the sweet little girl that she has always been, but is becoming more and more independent.
I took her out to buy a dress for her birthday portrait like I always do. (She chose Goodwill believe it or not) We tried on just about every dress in the kids section and could not find one that was "her". Ready to throw in the towel for the day, we walked past the women's dresses and what caught her eye? This gorgeous white with black accents party dress! It was a bit loose and took some pinning here and there, but we got it all ready to go for her 8 year old photos :) I added a black beaded necklace to her bare neck area. Hair took a spray of white pearls and a simple black feather!
Kaplyn has gotten more into singing lately so we thought a Tony Award winning background would be perfect!! Can't get much more theater than comedy and tragedy!
A classic closeup ends our session.
I can't believe how much she has grown up just in the last year!



No comments:
Post a Comment