While spring cleaning the kitchen, I have come up with 10 ways that the kitchen tells me that I have 5 kids:
1. My dishwasher has to be wiped out every day from the food the kids failed to wash off the dishes when they put them in.
2. There is always a wet spot on the floor somewhere from kool-aid, milk or water.
3. Though I only have 5 kids, there is at least 10-12 plastic cups sitting around filled with liquid every day.
4. The water dispenser grate in the refrigerator is always full even though I have explained to them more than once that it isn't a drain!
5. There is no such thing as a clean throw rug in a kitchen.
6. You will find some sort of cereal piece stuck to a counter somewhere...
7. Having a child height cabinet with organized canned food is just worthless...
8. Amazing how many twist ties you find in the bread drawer that never actually end up on a loaf of bread.
9. No matter how many times you rant and rave about there being a garbage disposal only on the left side of the sink, the kids still throw their bowls of food into the right side for me to have to clean out...that is unless they put them in the dishwasher in which case I get to clean the food out of there!
10. Make sure you have cats if you have this many kids! Knock on wood...I have never had a mouse run across my kitchen floor though my kids drop a little of everything they eat all over the place!
No comments:
Post a Comment