Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week in Review...Earth, French and Trolley Cars

Time for the week in review!

We started out the week with Cameron getting injured last week in a soccer game. He was kicked in the stomach and then kicked in the head directly after. The game didn't stop and he had to ask to sit down. Soon after, he vomited over the fence. We took him to MedExpress and they informed us that his head and chest appeared to be fine, but he had to be watched for the following 6 years hours for changes in behavior. He continued to get sick over the next few days, but never had a change in his behavior. I am starting to think that he coincidentally had gotten a virus at the same time and that must have caused his illness. Thank goodness it wasn't a physical injury...it is so scary to be a mom sometimes...

I cleaned out our Yukon XL and boy was that a chore! Between the tornado I call my 5 kids that hit the inside of my car and my huge belly, it took me 2 hours to get it all cleaned out..even had to break out the big guns with the shopvac instead of a regular vacuum! Happy to report it is all clean and ready to bring home our new baby in a few weeks :)

Speaking of which, my OB appointment went great! I met the last of the 6 doctors in the practice and this one is rated in my top 3 of fav doctors :)

I finished spring cleaning the kitchen (all except sweeping and mopping) Such a long process in the kitchen having to clean appliances and everything. Between regular spring cleaning and "nesting", it took me longer than usual. Ever gotten obsessed with an electrical can opener and a toothbrush?! That appliance will never in its lifetime be cleaner!

I have been snipping boxtops and campbell's labels all week in preparation to send in for our school. I always feel so proud when we receive those nice checks and points for all of our hard work. What a great school fundraiser!

The kids and I did our 2nd Annual Earth Day Walk this week. We walk along our road and pick up all litter along the edges of the road. We ended up with 2 garbage bags of litter and 1 bag of metal and aluminum :)







New Loves

Nutty Bars! I have been scarfing these down left and right! Good thing my pregnancy is almost over or I would have a rear end issue much bigger than I already have!

Pawn Stars on History Channel...I have been watching this here and there, but really got interested in it this week. Such an awesome show...if you haven't watched it yet, tune in. Not only do you see the most unique items come into the pawn shop, but you also get a history behind a lot of the items.

Continuing the week...

Who doesn't love a clogged toilet?! I have been trying for a week now to get one of our toilets unclogged. Not sure what is in there; wipes, roll of toilet paper, bath toy...we hope to get this cleared up soon...literally!

I tried 3 brand new recipes this week. They all turned out delicious! If you would like the recipe, be sure to check out my former blogs...

Lost and Found

Found: Set of Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings belonging to Kaplyn. Found behind the sugar canister?!

Lost: 3 DS games that Genin told Kaplyn she was not allowed to use.

Found: 3 DS games belonging to Genin in Kaplyn's purse.

More week...

Kaplyn played on the cursed BC Field B this past Saturday. I call it cursed because I don't believe any of our kids have won a game on this field. When it rains, it becomes the most mudbogged field of all the fields. I honestly do not even want my kids going home with me after one of these games without them sporting my new fashion...the trash bag dress! Hey, we have cloth seats!!

Genin played at BC as well and tied! Genin scored 2 goals. Sadly, I missed both games. It was raining and cold, my 2 youngest were still sleeping and I didn't want to take them out in that. Roaring and ready for this weekends games!

Something Old and Something New!!!

I sold a purse on ebay this week and got to go back to my old school days of foreign language! 15 years later, it is all new to me again. A french man decided to ask me a question entirely in french to which I got to respond Who said I would never use a foreign language?!

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Reiner had his 4th birthday trolley party this weekend...this will get it's own blog. What an exciting day!!

See you next week...and maybe a few blogs between :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad Cameron is feeling better. We love Pawn Stars. Landon is obsessed with that show!

    ReplyDelete