Within a week of the party, we got a postcard from "The Conductor" telling Reiner how excited he was to be meeting him in a few days. Reiner was so excited to get mail!
The day of the party, we added our own railroad decorations to the party room (if it wouldn't have been overcast, we would have had a choice to have it at the picnic area outside)
Reiner dressed in his engineer outfit:
I made cupcakes which I lined up so I was able to create a track with a train on top.
After all the guests arrived, we waited on the platform for Reiner's own personal birthday trolley:
Boy, was he excited when he saw his name across the top of the trolley and his age (4X) in the window:
Others were amazed as well!
We went for a ride and learned all about trollies and trains, then Mr. Conductor handed Reiner a package sent especially to him!
It did start to storm so we had to cut the trip short and went back for cake and presents:
We went back on the trolley after the lightning quit which was perfect for photos!
Reiner even got to steer the trolley!
We took a final pic back at the platform with all the kids:
Mr. Conductor presented me with Reiner's name banner from the trolley:
So much fun!! I have a feeling Reiner will always remember this party :) I would recommend this idea to any train fanatic!
No comments:
Post a Comment