I am a mom of 8 kids...need I say more?!!! My day to day life can be total chaos, but I love every second of it! I also love crafting, decorating, bargains, couponing, thrift stores, books, movies, yard sales, volunteer work...you name it, you'll find here!! I have a lot to say :) I also love to cook and bake! Check out my other 3 blogs: www.dedekneadarecipe.blogspot.com and www.dede-daytoday.blogspot.com and www.greatlocalfoodtour.blogspot.com
Monday, January 2, 2012
Book Review: Cliques, Hicks and Ugly Sticks, Confessions of April Grace
Book Review: Cliques, Hicks and Ugly Sticks, Confessions of April Grace by KD McCrite
"I received this book for free from BookSneeze for this review”.
Book Review: A clique of mean girls, a grandma--yes, you heard it--a grandma stuck in a love triangle, a church pageant run by a dictator, and a mom who's acting very mysterious--it all sounds like a disaster, but it's just another day in the super funny life of April Grace Reilly.
Here are just a couple of April's confessions--
On the Clique at her school: "There are four other girls in her little group and they call themselves 'the Lotties'. Melissa and I call them 'the Snotties"
On Doing Algebra Homework: "I have to say, my friend and I would probably have had more fun if we'd had out teeth extracted by the dog dentist."
Junior High can be rough, but April Grace will help you laugh your way through!!
My Review: What a gorgeous book cover that really drew me in...April Grace, with her fiery red hair, in her farm boots sitting in a wheelbarrow of leaves in front of a barn. You know already by the cover what April Grace's personality consists of :) She is living in a home with her mother (who has been acting strangely lately), a father (who is running their farm) a sister (who has to be everyone's boss) a couple; Isabel and Ian St. James (Ian works on the farm and they are waiting to finish their own home) and a Grandmother who lives just across the field, but is in and out. When Grace's mother starts to look and feel ill, everyone does what they can to make her feel more comfortable. People moving out, people moving in etc...While Grace is dealing with life at home, she is also dealing with the pressures of school; grades, friends and bullies. Will Grace be able to keep everything together in her life and keep her sense of humor while doing it all?!!!! A great book that I couldn't put down :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you for such a great review! With all you do, I'm amazed you have time to breathe, let alone read, let alone review books. Thanks for taking time to enjoy April Grace and her Confessions.
ReplyDelete--K.D. McCrite