
I recently received from Booksneeze.com, a complimentary issue of: The Inheritance of Beauty in exchange for a review.
I am including a small excerpt of the book summary written on the back of the book:
Beauty, like truth, is enduring. But only one can set you free. Maggie Black came of age in the lush, fragrant low country of South Carolina--spending her days with her beloved brother and the boy she would grow up to marry. But when a stranger arrived one summer, Maggie couldn't imagine the evil he would bring with him. And though she escaped with her life, the ramifications of that fateful summer would alter all of their lives forever.
Now, some eighty years later, Maggie and her husband George are spending their remaining days in a nursing home, helpless as age slowly robs Maggie of her ability to communicate. When a mysterious package arrives, followed closely by a stranger whose identity haunts them, Maggie and George are hemmed in by a history they'd rather forget.
As the truth reveals itself, George knows he must face the past and its lifetime of repercussions. It's the only way to free himself and his precious wife--if it's not too late.
The Inheritance of Beauty is a rich and enchanting story about age and the ability of true beauty to transcend one's life.
My Review
I absolutely adored this book! From the second I picked it up, I could not put it down. Every chapter had a different character in the book speaking. What a story! The love between sister and brother, the love between husband and wife and everything that jumped in to attempt to tear it all apart. Magnolia, the woman in the story and her fight to remember, or even speak after having a stroke. George, her husband who adored her every second of his life including now, when he has no idea if she can even understand him any more, Ash, Magnolia's brother who simply adores his little sister, Annie, the elderly couple's caretaker who is somehow related to their past. It is such a lovely story along the way and jumps back and forth between the present and the past. This is one great book!
Disclosure of material connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the booksneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonals in Advertising".
Thanks for this nice book review. I enjoyed it. I read book reviews on different sites, I find your review very genuine and orignal.
ReplyDelete