Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Project Clean Up 2022...Week 6: Powder Room

Running behind, but determined to get these blogs up! I decided to switch Week 6 and 7 and did my Powder Room first (Foyer will be Week 7) I really needed to get this room clean and cleaned well. 


So, although a small room, there is a lot of detail to clean in here because as we all know...





Walls, Ceiling, Baseboards, Heater, Sink Cabinet, Sink, Toilet and Floors....it all gets hit! 

Here are the steps (beyond the normal ones) for a beautiful powder room...

__ Open windows

__ Empty all cabinets and vanity. Wash inside, replace items neatly. Discard expired medications and cosmetics if needed. Make list of any items running low. Fold hand towels and stack neatly. 

__ Wash outside of cabinets and vanities.

__ Clean toilet, inside and out. Remove seat and clean around seat bolts.

__ Clean sink drain.

__ Shine faucets.

__ Clean mirror and frame.

__ Dust light fixtures. My light fixtures have glass shades, cleaned the glass, change bulbs if needed. 

__ Wash windows and window sills. Take out and wash window screens.

__ Wash switch plates. Wash walls and trim. Wash doors and door knobs.

__ Wash floor registers and other vent covers.

__ Sweep and wash floors.

__Reseal grout lines if necessary.

__ Wash curtain, toilet cover and rug.

__ Scrub trash can or purchase new one.




Added my own items as well...


__ Replace soap.

__ Change out magazines in rack. 

__ Replace toilet scrub brush.

__ Put out fresh hand towels.

__ Buy new 1st floor toothbrushes, toothpaste and individual plastic closing cases for each. Label.

__ Stock first aid kit.

__ Stock toilet paper. 





A shot from the hall into the powder room...





The cabinet has all of our necessities. Everything gets pulled out and cabinet gets scrubbed down. A list has to be made for restocks. New toothbrushes in cases. Also, add items that need replaced in first aid kit.




I wanted to find a better place to keep extra rolls of toilet paper and came across this great basket that will hold around 3 rolls so, grabbed it up! 





When I originally redesigned this bathroom, I knew I wanted a magazine rack that looked like a work of art. This record holder needed nothing done to it and fit the bill. I change out magazines every few months so there is always something fresh to read.
 




Onto Week 7....Foyer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment