"I received this book for free from BookLook Bloggers for this review”.
Book Review: The starting and ending points for all outreach have to be love. The most effective way to reach people for Jesus is through servant evangelism--showing God's love in practical ways. This type of outreach is what Jesus modeled and invites people to take the next step from where they are.
Friendship Community Church, led by Pastor Todd Stevens, has experienced tremendous growth through acts of kindness. The church's most radical project is Nashville Strip Church, founded by Erin Stevens. Erin's life changed when God told her to "go feed the strippers." With home-cooked meals and gift bags in hand, Erin shows dancers that God loves them. How to Pick Up a Stripper and Other Acts of Kindness includes the story of a dancer who has come to know Christ, left the strip club industry through Erin's ministry, and is now serving with Erin to reach other strippers.
From feeding the homeless to Easter egg hunts for children with disabilities to ministering in a strip club, How to Pick to Pick Up a Stripper and Other Acts of Kindness provides exciting ideas for showing God's love in practical ways.
My Review: A very interesting title to a very different book. Todd Stevens definitely has a way with words and it shows in this book that begins with really funny jokes. I was very interested to hear how this couple, had many ways that they helped others in their volunteer work. I was a little disappointed as I got into the book to see that the volunteer projects that are noted on the back of the book are the only services that are in the book....it didn't seem to extend past those and I thought the book would be filled with ideas. Todd began to loose me around the 5th chapter as the writing began to bore me. Although Todd does very well here and there with his words, the writing does drag. I could not get back into the book so I did not finish. Sorry Todd and Erin...
Friendship Community Church, led by Pastor Todd Stevens, has experienced tremendous growth through acts of kindness. The church's most radical project is Nashville Strip Church, founded by Erin Stevens. Erin's life changed when God told her to "go feed the strippers." With home-cooked meals and gift bags in hand, Erin shows dancers that God loves them. How to Pick Up a Stripper and Other Acts of Kindness includes the story of a dancer who has come to know Christ, left the strip club industry through Erin's ministry, and is now serving with Erin to reach other strippers.
From feeding the homeless to Easter egg hunts for children with disabilities to ministering in a strip club, How to Pick to Pick Up a Stripper and Other Acts of Kindness provides exciting ideas for showing God's love in practical ways.
My Review: A very interesting title to a very different book. Todd Stevens definitely has a way with words and it shows in this book that begins with really funny jokes. I was very interested to hear how this couple, had many ways that they helped others in their volunteer work. I was a little disappointed as I got into the book to see that the volunteer projects that are noted on the back of the book are the only services that are in the book....it didn't seem to extend past those and I thought the book would be filled with ideas. Todd began to loose me around the 5th chapter as the writing began to bore me. Although Todd does very well here and there with his words, the writing does drag. I could not get back into the book so I did not finish. Sorry Todd and Erin...

No comments:
Post a Comment