Monday, March 10, 2014

Oh man...do I have a lot of kids!!

Could it be possible to not even realize how many kids you actually have until clean out season comes and you begin to see it. Right it front of you. Stuff. Boom!

After taking down the Christmas decorations this year, once again I decided to continue with my new found tradition of an early "Spring Cleaning." I can't believe how much junk I have found in drawers, cabinets, closets, toy boxes, etc... Has all of this stuff been here all along and I never noticed or am I walking down a different road, one always looked down, but never truly walked....Purge Blvd. Yes, my house is usually very clean and yes, I clean out often, but still maybe not often enough? I am a huge yard sale seller, but also a buyer which sometimes totally cancel each other out. Do they really need a toy that they are lucky to pick up twice in one year? Do they need to keep every single art project complete with toilet paper roll display? Just how many tissue box banjo's can we have in one house?

At this point in my life, I am so ready to just sell it, donate it, burn it.....whichever mood I am in first that day! I cannot believe how in the midst of giving my kids everything, I have packed in quite a bit and it is finally starting to hit me that there are, in fact, seven children (and their stuff) living in this house.

Do you think I could get away with boxing it all up and shipping it off on the first random truck I see and them be none the wiser or would I have a fight on my hands by seven "I always use that" little hoarders?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment