Looking back on the week of August 19-25.
We have come upon my day of birth, or this year I shall refer to it as the week of my birth! Since I have 1 husband and 6 children, it made total sense to ask for a little gift for my birthday...time individually with each person per day for the whole week! They were to have a minimum of 1 hour with me and a max $10 limit. What would the come up with? I would soon find out :)
Birth Week
On Monday, Cameron, my 15 year old, took me out to DQ for some goodies. He bought me an Oreo Blizzard and added some fries for that perfect fit of salty and sweet! I absolutely love the one on one time with him as he isn't around a whole lot due to extra-curricular activities; band, soccer and BMX riding. Afterward, I let him drive the car down our road to our house. He was so excited and that made me feel wonderful!!
Tuesday, Genin, my 13 year old, took me to Ten Mile Creek Park for a picnic. He bought us cold cuts to make sandwiches, chips, grapes and pop. After eating and conversation, we walked and took some nice photos of nature. On the way home, he bought me my favorite candy..Jolly Joes!
Wednesday, Kaplyn, my 10 year old took me on a "Taste of the Town" experience. We popped into some different places for some wonderful taste testing. First up, Sams. The only thing they had this early was a pack of Mott's Fun Fruits so it was onto Giant Eagle for an olive bar sample of Grape Leaf Rolls, the bakery for a cookie and the candy aisle for chocolate marshmallows. Moe's Mexican Grill for mixed soda was the next place to go. You can mix soda's with great flavors!! Panera Bread led us to a huge cinnamon bun that we split. Off to the spring house for our last stop. We had Ice cream cones and chocolate milk. We checked out the flowers on the property, snapping some gorgeous pics. Visited the calf for a few minutes and we were off to where I thought was home, but Kaplyn had one more surprise in mind! We stopped at the local market and she grabbed candy and pop for a movie night at home! We watched Grown Ups and she set it up just like a real movie theater. She even had Reiner dress up like an usher to help pull it all off. What a great day!!
It's a Girl!!
This week, my little "head of cabbage" is doing great! I am 30 weeks along and still going strong.
~Aw...Boo!~
I had a high school friend move from my hometown in WV this week all the way to VA and I have to admit, I already feel like I miss him. We knew each other 19 years ago, but once we got back in touch, a nice friendship formed. Although I still haven't seen him in person in all of these years, he is a great person to talk to and I am thankful to have him pop in for a "hi" on Facebook :)
Likes of the Week....
Raisin Bran w/Omega Flax Seeds-I had a ton of coupons for this cereal that was on sale this week and loaded up. I worried that I may not like it due to the seeds in it, but you actually could not even taste them. Very good for me without even knowing it ;)
On with more Birth week!!
On Thursday, Reiner, my 7 year old, surprised me with board games and snacks up at the school gazebo. We stopped at the market and he grabbed some Doritos, grapes and drinks. We played Connect 4 and Guess Who and then took a nice walk around the middle school and high school. It was hot especially with my preggo belly, but loved every minute :)
Friday, Brandis, my 5 year old, informed me that for my birthday, he wanted to give me a peach off of our peach tree, but since they didn't grow this year....how about some McDonald's chicken nuggets. We also had sundaes :) After, we went to Dollar General for candy with which we had a candy picnic. This was something I started with my older kids when they were very young. We buy some candy and the child is allowed to sit in the passenger seat (up front) in the parking lot of the store while we eat some yummy candy; he got air heads, I got sour patch kids..he made my sour patch kids talk. Once it is gone, back into the back seat all buckled up to be safe :)
Saturday, Matlyn, my 3 year old, decided to give me a beauty day! She did my hair, makeup and clothes. Just perfect for a 3 year old :)
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cameron was in a scrimmage game tonight and got hit pretty hard in the leg. It brought him down to his knees for a few minutes....limping a little here and there now, but I am sure he will be good as new soon!
~The Grand Finale~
Sunday, the final day of my Birth Week, Greg took me to The Grand Concourse for dinner. I have always loved this restaurant which we used to frequent years ago. The setting is in an old train station (similar to Grand Central) in Pittsburgh, Station Square. We sat in the River Room where we had Appetizers of Almond Encrusted Brie and Goose liver Pate'. We also had Martha's Vineyard salads and the Steak dinners. For dessert, chocolate mousse! We were both stuffed! I took a lot of pics in and out of the building and then we took a nice walk on the bridge overlooking the water and got a pic of the 2 of us on the bridge. It was a great end to my very first Birth Week :)
Glad to finally catch you up on this week of my life...talk to you soon :)
Dede :)







No comments:
Post a Comment