
I was just wondering if I am tending to sound scrooge-like when it comes to Christmas music this year? I absolutely love Christmas carols with the passion and refuse to pop in a Christmas cd until Christmas actually rolls around. I have Sirius XM in my Yukon XL and can honestly tell you that.........the Christmas music stinks this year!
At least on the Holly channel anyway. I have heard The 12 Days of Christmas by John Denver and the Muppets like 30 times....bu-dum-dum-dum!!!! What happened to the 12 Days of Christmas with the in-laws, Christmas lights and hangovers? Didn't hear it even once this year! I have heard every single rendition of Feliz Navidad that has ever been made (I am half hispanic, but come on...it is getting a little ridiculous!!)
On a brighter note, I still love O Holy Night (no matter who is singing it, I still tear up) and Carol of the Bells :) Give me some Manheim Steamroller or Trans-Siberian Orchestra on any song and I am in absolute heaven! Call me a geek if you will, but I also love any Christmas song by Hanson (takes me back even hearing Taylor Hanson all grown up)
I own all of the Now Christmas cds, but do like some random music on the radio, not the same loop of songs they seem to repeat every so many hours. I wait all year long for the few hundred different Christmas songs there are and then hear no more than maybe 30 of them. Boo on Sirium XM!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment