
32 years ago, Grease hit theaters and ever since, has become one of the most watched movies of all time (at least by me anyway). Being only 33 this year, I obviously did not see the original viewing at the theaters, but quite a few years later on tv. I grew up listening to my mom and dad's record album when they played it and then when I was old enough to have my own record player (I never thought saying the words record player would ever sound as old as my parents saying 8 track player, but it does), snatched it up so I could listen to it again and again until every last word to the soundtrack was memorized. I could have done this musical on stage a million times playing any part! The movie is played so much now that it is hard to turn on the tv and not see it, but just as easy to plop down and watch it for the 786th time!
The cartoon beginning is always a laugh leading into the suaveness (is that a word?) of Danny and the T-Birds and of course Rizzo and The Pink Ladies. You can't help but feel bad for Sandy, the goody two shoes of the crew considering that she actually is truly a nice person.
My favorite lines in the movie are:
Rizzo to Kenickie: "To you from me Pinky-Lee!!"
Danny: Oh, bite the weenie Riz.
Rizzo: With relish :)
As you can see by my fav quotes, Stockard Channing has stuck in my mind.
So, how does this movie effect my life today?
Having 6 kids, I know how stressful life can be. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able sing your stress away like the cast of Grease? Having some stress now? Want to really irritate someone? The next time you have a squabble, break into a rendition of "We go Together" and watch the crazy looks everyone gives you. You may lose your entire friend pool, but the stress will flow out like a stream....chang chang changity-chang shoo bop!!
No comments:
Post a Comment