Monday, March 8, 2010

Cameron's 12th Birthday Movie Theater Party

Cameron finally had his friend party and I must say, it was awesome!!! Due to the snow, he had to hold it off from his real birthday on February 1. He was glad he did because everyone invited (except 2) showed up for the event :) The theme for his 12th year: Movie Theater! Dressed as Ben Stiller's security guard character in Night at the Museum, Cameron greeted 16 guests.



After pulling up in the driveway, guests got to walk the red, lighted carpet, roped off with velvet ropes (or my version anyway!) Entering the front door, that got a glance at the lit up marquee sign on the staircase...King Theater Now Playing: Cameron is 12!


Guests were asked to dress as their favorite movie characters and we had some great ones! In attendance where Ben Stiller's Security Guard character from Night at the Museum (Cameron), Zombieland character, 2 Sandy characters from Grease, Spongebob Squarepants, Miss Scarlet from Clue, The Blue's Brothers, Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribbean, A doctor, 2 Indiana Jones characters, a motocross rider and The Joker from The Dark Knight! I served as head usher while Kaplyn was a 2nd usher. Miss Scarlet took the prize for Best Female Costume and The Joker took the prize for Best Male Costume. They received movie reel bags filled with popcorn and movie theater candy.





Some guests made their way into the living room where music was playing and the karaoke machine was set up and some went down to the lower level gameroom to hang out, playing billiards or video games. We also had movies playing on every tv in the house.


Food was served at the Refreshment Bar (dining room) Red carpet led you to the table of movie theater food; hot dogs, nachos & cheese, popcorn, soda and candy!

After eating, kids went to the living room for games; guess the movie themes...I played music from a cd that burned. It was made up of all movie themed music. Kids could guess the song title, singer or band, movie it was from and year if they wanted to try :) The second game had them looking at celebrities (with no heads) They had to guess who was in the photo and a random question about that person. Winner received movie size boxes of candy.

The cake was a huge box of popcorn! I took 2 rectangular cakes and lined them up side by side. I added a decoration to the top of popcorn looking like it was coming out of the box (this was glued down so this part was not edible)

Each child left with a popcorn goody box which included a plastic reusable popcorn box, popcorn, movie theater candy and a copy of the movie themes cd from the game we played. 16 awesome hits!!!
The girls left at 9 while the boys slept over. What a night that was! Everytime I attempted to go to bed, I had a 12 year old asking when I was going to bed which prompted me to stay up longer to foil whatever sneaky plans they had :) Between the party and the sleepover, they went through a huge bucket of candy and almost 100 cans of pop, which explains how 4-5 of the 10 kids stayed up all night long!!

Breakfast the next morning was an easy one. I was not awake enough to do too much; donuts, chocolate milk and sunny d. The kids loved it!

Time for cleanup!

Found: Neck scarf from one of the Sandys, Men's Urban Pipeline Jeans 33 x 30 with band aids in the pocket, Pitt T-shirt, 2 ribbons (possibly to close an overnight bag), Men's black shoes size 8 1/2. So far, the shoes have been claimed and I know who the neck scarf belongs to.

Lost: Levi Jeans size 16 husky or a possible 33 x 28 and a tooth. Both belong to the same person.
We have gotten rave reviews from the party so I will chalk this up as a success!!

*More party photos are able to be viewed on my facebook and myspace pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment