I have never been a snow kind of person, or even cold weather for that matter. When I was young, my dad was stationed in Biloxi, MS and we lived right on the beach. Anytime I am at my mom's house, I glance through old photo albums just to refresh my memory of those days...my hair was a very light brown, the sun was always shining and though it doesn't seem possible to anyone who knows me...I had a tan!! Greg and I have wanted to move south for a long time. We bought a condo in Myrtle Beach, SC in 1999 and it is our wonderful second home. We live for those weeks that we spend down there. I get so depressed during this time of the year...I know it is only one season, but I long for certain things of the south...flowers, salt water air, warm sand underneath my feet, palm trees...the list goes on and on. This year has definitely been a test for me, will I survive? Sure, I always do, but it really takes a toll on me and poor Greg who has to listen to me complain about it. I have 5 children and though it seems crazy, I think the only time I get gray hair is in the winter...could it be possible that snow gives me gray hair?
Ah, South Carolina...
How I long for the waves....
Don't get me wrong, my family does have our smiles and each other no matter where we are, but it is crazy what cold weather does to us. It strands us, suffocates us, even the kids want to stay inside. Every once in a while, one of my kids will ask to go out in the weather just to get a change of scenery. In my yard, if one of my kids takes a step into the snow...I will never see them again. That is no exageration! It is so deep out there and that is not counting the snow drifts, but just what is coming straight down. The south is calling; North Carolina, South Carolina, maybe even Florida-they are pleading for our return...we just hope to make it permanant one day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment